For our associates, our clients, and everyone we work with, we're sharing tips to help keep you healthy, happy, and well during this challenging time.
One of the most important things right now is making sure you check in on yourself. Take some time to step away from the news and do things that bring you joy — whether it's enjoying some sunshine or binging a new show on Netflix, here are great ways to focus on your wellbeing while in self-isolation.
Mental Health & Well Being
In a time where we have access to so much news and information, it's important that we keep a check on how all this information impacts us. Switch off the news and limit your social media. Try sticking to an hour a day or find a balance that helps you maintain what you need to know without consuming information that's going to send you into a panic.
Take advantage of websites and apps designed to help. We've listed a few below to help you get started.
Most importantly, be kind. During uncertain times, we're reminded of how important it is to be kind and look after one another.
- Send messages, pick up the phone for a quick chat, send letters, leave gifts on people's doorsteps, say hello to people passing by
- You won't know who is alone through all this, so a smile and a cheery wave could make a big difference on someone's day
- Show your support for local and small businesses by ordering takeout or delivery, or purchase gift cards to us later
- It's okay to have the dog or kids nearby when you're on a video call, they're part of your family and also adjusting your working life at home
- Remember it might not be possible for families to have separate workspaces or dedicated home offices, so embrace their family and the "new normal" we find ourselves in
- Be kind to yourself. It's okay not to feel okay. It's normal, and you're not alone. Keep talking and reach out when you need to
Staying connected with family, friends, and coworkers is a great way to help you feel less isolated. Here are some great tools you can use to stay in touch:
Once you have a platform everyone can join, try these ideas to virtually spend time with those close to you:
- Virtual coffee catch-ups, lunches, dinners, or happy hours
- Game nights
- Stream movies together
While we may be required to stay at home, we're still allowed to get outside for exercise. And even though gyms, swimming pools, and other fitness centers remain closed, here are some ways you can focus on staying fit:
Want more tips? Check out our other self-isolation survival guides:
Back to Blog Listing